Past perfect continuous tense merupakan bentuk kata kerja yang berfungsi untuk membicarakan aksi berdurasi waktu tertentu yang sudah selesai pada suatu titik waktu tertentu di masa lampau.
9 Contoh Soal Past Perfect Continuous Tense
Pilihlah salah satu jawaban untuk melengkapi kalimat di bawah ini.
My nephew was sick since he … outside in bad weather all day.
- has been playing
- had been playing
His skin became darker because he … something under the scorching sun without sunscreen.
- had been doing
- has been doing
When you … the room, we … the matter of our wages for 10 minutes.
- entered, had been discussing
- had been entering, discussed
By the time I asked, my home assistant …
- had been getting rid toxic household items of
- had been getting rid of toxic household items
The senior engineer … the project for a year before he resigned.
- had been being managed
- had been managing
Shasa … the diet plan for more than two weeks when finally recognizing it didn’t work.
- has been trying
- had been trying
Vina was sad since you … her for a long time.
- had not been contacting
- had been not contacting
… his mobile phone conversations for a few minutes when he suddenly opened the door?
- had been you overhearing
- had you been overhearing
I … on the railway station waiting room for an hour before the train arrived.
- had been being sit
- had been sitting
- b. had been playing
- a. had been doing
- a. entered, had been discussing | Past perfect continuous tense untuk mengekspresikan aksi yang (lebih) panjang. “When you entered the room…” terjadi sesaat.
- b. had been getting rid of toxic household items | Get rid of merupakan phrasal verb yang tidak dapat dipisah dengan direct object (=toxic household items) antara particle dengan verb-nya ~ inseparable.
- b. had been managing
- b. had been trying
- a. had not been contacting
- b. had you been overhearing
- b. had been sitting
- Soal Present Perfect Continuous Tense
- Soal Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- Soal Past Perfect Tense
- Soal Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Tenses
- Past Perfect Progressive Tense. http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/tenses/past_perfect_progressive.htm. Accessed on October 5, 2013.
- More Tenses. http://esl.fis.edu/grammar/rules/moreT.htm. Accessed on February 22, 2013.
- Guide to Past Perfect and Past Perfect Continuous. http://esl.about.com/od/grammarstructures/p/g_pastpc.htm. Accessed on November 24, 2013.
- Past Perfect Continuous. http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/pastperfectcontinuous.html. Accessed on November 24, 2013.
- Past Perfect Continuous Tense. http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_past-perfect-continuous.htm. Accessed on November 24, 2013.