Pengertian Adverb of Degree
Adverb of degree adalah adverb (kata keterangan) yang digunakan untuk menyatakan sampai seberapa jauh (tingkatan atau derajat) suatu kegiatan atau peristiwa. How much dapat digunakan untuk mengajukan pertanyaan untuk menunjukkan kata keterangan ini.
Fungsi dan Contoh Kalimat Adverb of Degree
|Fungsi||Posisi||Contoh Adverb of Degree||Contoh Kalimat Adverb of Degree|
|Menerangkan verb||sebelum main|
strongly, entirely, positively, totally
|He strongly recommended the|
dan main verb
|I will totally support you.|
|setelah main verb||a lot, much, a great deal||She talked a lot.|
|sebelum adjective||extremely, really, very||The weather is very cold.|
|sebelum & sesudah adjective||so…that, too…to||She is so generous|
that the poors love her.
|sesudah adjective||enough||The juice is sweet enough.|
|sebelum adverb||extremelly, so, too||She was swimming so beautifully|
at this time yesterday.
|sebelum & sesudah adverb||so…that, too…to||The student studied too hard to|
pass the test.
|sesudah adverb||enough||He drives slowly enough.|
|Fungsi||Makna||Posisi||Contoh Adverb of Degree||Contoh Kalimat Adverb of Degree|
|sangat … sekali||absolutely, fully, highly||I absolutely agree with your opinion.|
|sangat||moderately, really, trully||A mother is a person who really loves you.|
|kurang||barely, hardly||She barely plays basketball before.|
|keseluruhan||completely, entirely, totally||Your parents will totally support your goal.|
|sebagian||almost, partly, somewhat||The task is almost finished.|
|(hampir) tidak||barely, hardly||He barely helps his mother.|
|sangat … sekali /berlebihan||awfully, extremely, too||The student is extremely dilligent.|
|sangat||rather, really, so||The man is rather unfaithful.|
|sedang||moderately, somewhat||She is moderately stressful.|
|kurang||fairly, hardly||His room is hardly clean.|
|keseluruhan||completely, practically||Your design is practically perfect.|
|sebagian||partially, somewhat||My project is partially complete.|
|(hampir) tidak||barely, hardly||Your hypothesis was hardly acceptable.|
|berlebihan||excessively, too||He works too hard.|
|sangat||extremely, really, so||The fat woman walks extremely slowly.|
|sedang||relatively, somewhat||The defendant spoke relatively honestly.|
|kurang||fairly, slightly||The boy learned math fairly quickly.|
Table of Contents:
- Adverb of Degree. http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/adv_degree.html. Accessed on December 21, 2012.
- Adverbs: Types. http://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/adverbs-types. Accessed on November 6, 2014.
- Adverb Position. https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/adverb-position.htm. Accessed on November 6, 2014.
- Position of Adverbs. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv202.shtml. Accessed on November 6, 2014.
- Much, a Lot, Lots, a Good Deal: Adverbs. http://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/much-a-lot-lots-a-good-deal-adverbs. Accessed on November 6, 2014.