Pengertian “keep an eye on”
Keep an eye on someone/something (atau keep you eye on someone/something dan variasinya) merupakan frasa bahasa Inggris yang bermakna “to watch someone/something carefully, for example to make sure that they are safe, or not causing trouble” (mengawasi seseorang/sesuatu dengan penuh perhatian, contohnya memastikannya aman atau tidak menimbulkan masalah).
Contoh Kalimat “keep an eye on”
|No||Contoh Kalimat “keep an eye on”|
|1||Will you keep an eye on the baby while I’m out?
(Maukah kamu mengawasi bayi ketika saya keluar?)
|2||Keep an eye on how the money is calculated and collected.
(Perhatikan bagaimana uang dihitung dan dikumpulkan.)
|3||You need to keep your eye on the ball so that you can hit it.
(Kamu perlu memperhatikan bola agar kamu dapat memukulnya.)
|4||Keep an eye on the children while I go to the store, will you? Don’t let them go near the road.
(Maukah kamu mengawasi anak-anak selama saya ke toko? Jangan biarkan mereka mendekati jalan.)
- be on the case (phrase)
- like this (phrase)
- so to speak (phrase)
- as fas as I’m concerned (phrase)
- to say the least (phrase)
- make a difference (phrase)
- fair-weather friend (phrase)
- as a matter of fact (phrase)
- at the end of the day (phrase)
- stand your ground (phrase)
- Meaning of “keep an eye on someone/something” in the English Dictionary. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/keep-an-eye-on-someone-something. Accessed on February 3, 2018.
- Definition of ‘keep your eye on something’. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/keep-your-eye-on-something. Accessed on February 3, 2018.
- keep an eye on – definition and synonyms. https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/keep-an-eye-on. Accessed on February 3, 2018.
- keep an eye on. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/keep+an+eye+on. Accessed on February 3, 2018.