Penggunaan Never dan Not Ever
Adverb never dapat digantikan oleh not ever, namun kata tersebut jauh lebih umum digunakan.
Contoh Kalimat Never dan Not Ever
|No||Contoh Kalimat Never dan Not Ever|
|1||I never meant to break your heart.
I didn’t ever meant to break your heart.
|2||She has never been interested in working for my company.
She hasn’t ever been interested in working for my company.
|3||Never make an important decision when you are angry.
Don’t ever make an important decision when you are angry.
|4||I will never go back to this restaurant again.
I won’t ever go back to this restaurant again.
|5||Never have I heard about it before.
- Right / Rightly
- Nowadays, These Days, dan Today (Adverb)
- Almost / Nearly (Adverb)
- Any More / Anymore
- Maybe / Perhaps (Adverb)
- Especially / Specially (Adverb)
- For / Since
- Never or not … ever? http://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/never-or-not-ever. Accessed on June 4, 2017.
- Never. http://learnersdictionary.com/definition/never. Accessed on June 4, 2017.
- Never. http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/never_1. Accessed on June 4, 2017.