Rumus Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense
Berbeda dengan active voice – past continuous tense yang main verb-nya berupa present participle (pada contoh tulisan sebelumnya: Past Continuous Tense), main verb pada passive voice – past continuous tense berupa past participle.
- Passive Voice: Past Perfect Tense
- Passive Voice: Future Perfect Tense
- Passive Voice
- Short Passive (Agentless Passive)
- Passive pada Tenses, Infinitive, dan Gerund
- Passive pada Intransitive Verb (Prepositional Passive)
- Panduan Belajar Passive Voice
Berikut rumus passive voice dalam past continuous tense:
S + was/were + present participle + direct object
S (direct object) +was/were + being + past participle +/- by … (agent)
Rumus di atas berlaku untuk transitive verb, dimana memang kata kerja tersebut yang umum dipasifkan.
Contoh Kalimat Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|My friend was baking bread when I came.
(Teman saya sedang memanggang roti ketika saya datang.)
|Bread was being baked when I came.
(Roti sedang dipanggang ketika saya datang.)
|Some workers were maintaining the toll road at this time yesterday.
(Beberapa pekerja sedang melakukan pemeliharaan jalan tol kemarin.)
|The toll road was being maintained at this time yesterday.
(Jalan tol sedang dipelihara kemarin.)
|She was cleaning the kitchen floor while the children were playing in the living room.
(Dia membersihkan lantai dapur ketika anak-anak bermain di ruang tamu.)
|The kitchen floor was being cleaned while the children were playing in the living room.
(Lantai dapur dibersihkan ketika anak-anak bermain di ruang tamu.)
|They were discussing exchange rates at 7 o’clock this morning.
(Mereka sedang mendiskusikan kurs pukul 7 pagi ini.)
|Exchange rates were being discussed at 7 o’clock this morning.
(Kurs sedang didiskusikan pada pukul 7 pagi ini.)
|The human resource manager said that he was still processing my documents.
(Manager SDM mengatakan bawhwa dia masih memeroses dokumen saya.)
|The human resource manager said that my documents were still being processed.
(Manager SDM mengatakan bahwa dokumen saya masih diproses.)
Table of Contents:
- Past Continuous Tense
- Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense
- Yes-No Question Past Continuous
- Wh- Question Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Passive – Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Yes-No Question Past Continuous
- Soal Wh- Question Past Continuous
- Soal Tenses
- Passive Verb Tenses. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/601/02/. Accessed on November 16, 2014.
- Continuous Forms of the Passive. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv119.shtml. Accessed on November 16, 2014.
- The Past Continuous Tense. http://esl.fis.edu/grammar/rules/pastcont.htm. Accessed on November 15, 2014.