Rumus Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense
Berbeda dengan active voice – past continuous tense yang main verb-nya berupa present participle (pada contoh tulisan sebelumnya: Past Continuous Tense), main verb pada passive voice – past continuous tense berupa past participle.
- Passive Voice: Past Perfect Tense
- Passive Voice: Future Perfect Tense
- Passive Voice
- Short Passive (Agentless Passive)
- Passive pada Tenses, Infinitive, dan Gerund
- Passive pada Intransitive Verb (Prepositional Passive)
- Panduan Belajar Passive Voice
Berikut rumus passive voice dalam past continuous tense:
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|S + was/were + present participle + direct object||S (direct object) + was/were + being + past participle +/- by … (agent)|
Adapun agent pada passive voice merupakan subject pada active voice. Rumus di atas berlaku untuk transitive verb, dimana memang kata kerja tersebut yang umum dipasifkan.
Contoh Kalimat Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense
|1||My friend was baking bread when I came.
(Teman saya sedang memanggang roti ketika saya datang.)
Bread was being baked when I came.
|2||Some workers were maintaining the toll road at this time yesterday.
(Beberapa pekerja sedang melakukan pemeliharaan jalan tol kemarin.)
The toll road was being maintained at this time yesterday.
|3||She was cleaning the kitchen floor while the children were playing in the living room.
(Dia membersihkan lantai dapur ketika anak-anak bermain di ruang tamu.)
The kitchen floor was being cleaned while the children were playing in the living room.
|4||They were discussing exchange rates at 7 o’clock this morning.
(Mereka sedang mendiskusikan kurs pukul 7 pagi ini.)
Exchange rates were being discussed at 7 o’clock this morning.
|5||The human resource manager said that he was still processing my documents.
(Manager SDM mengatakan bawhwa dia masih memeroses dokumen saya.)
The human resource manager said that my documents were still being processed.
Table of Contents:
- Past Continuous Tense
- Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense
- Yes-No Question Past Continuous
- Wh- Question Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Passive – Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Yes-No Question Past Continuous
- Soal Wh- Question Past Continuous
- Soal Tenses
- Passive Verb Tenses. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/601/02/. Accessed on November 16, 2014.
- Continuous Forms of the Passive. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/learnit/learnitv119.shtml. Accessed on November 16, 2014.
- The Past Continuous Tense. http://esl.fis.edu/grammar/rules/pastcont.htm. Accessed on November 15, 2014.