Pengertian “ships that pass in the night”
Ships that pass in the night adalah frasa bahasa Inggris yang bermakna “people who meet briefly by chance, then do not see each other again.” (orang-orang yang bertemu sebentar secara kebetulan, lalu tidak bertemu lagi).
Contoh Kalimat “ships that pass in the night” dan Artinya
- It was nice spending time with him, but we both considered us as ships that passed in the night.
(Menyenangkan menghabiskan waktu dengannya, tapi kita berdua menganggap kita sebagai kapal yang lewat di malam hari.)
- We’re just having a little fun — that’s all. We’re just two ships passing in the night.
(Kamu hanya sedang sedikit bersenang-senang — itu saja. Kamu hanya dua kapal yang lewat di malam hari.)
- My husband works late all the time and travel frequently. We’re like ships that pass in the night.
(Suami saya selalu bekerja larut dan sering bepergian. Kami seperti kapal yang lewat di malam hari.)
- stand your ground (phrase)
- Dodge a Bullet (Phrase)
- take it easy (phrase)
- right off the bat (phrase)
- from the get-go (phrase)
- Go for a Spin (Phrase)
- Not to Mention (Phrase)
- do no good (idiom)
- as for something (phrase)
- wear your heart on your sleeve (phrase)
- ships that pass in the night. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ships-that-pass-in-the-night. Accessed on January 1, 2019.
- Meaning of “like ships that pass in the night” in the English Dictionary. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/like-ships-that-pass-in-the-night. Accessed on January 1, 2019.
- ships (that pass) in the night – definition and synonyms. https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/ships-that-pass-in-the-night. Accessed on January 7, 2019.
- ships that pass in the night. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/ships+that+pass+in+the+night. Accessed on January 7, 2019.
- be like ships that pass in the night. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/be+like+ships+that+pass+in+the+night. Accessed on January 7, 2019.