Pengertian “put your hand in your pocket”
(To) Put your hand in your pocket (put one’s hand in one’s pocket) adalah frasa British English yang bermakna “to give money to someone or to charity” (memberikan uang kepada seseorang atau badan amal).
- let me put it this way
- put one’s finger on something
- put your foot down
- put your foot in your mouth
- put somebody/something on a pedestal
- put up with
- stand your ground
- wear your heart on your sleeve
- get your head around something
- enjoy yourself
Contoh Kalimat “put your hand in your pocket” dan Artinya
|1||He was a kind-hearted man who often put his hand in his pocket to help homeless people.
(Dia orang yang berhati baik yang sering memberikan uang kepada para tunawisma.)
|2||Don’t feel guilty that you can’t put your hand in your pocket to help.
(Jangan merasa bersalah kamu tidak dapat memberikan uang untuk membantu.)
|3||They didn’t put their hands in their pocket because they didn’t trust the organization to spend their money well.
(Mereka tidak mendonasikan uang karena mereka tidak percaya bahwa organisasi tersebut menggunakan uang mereka dengan baik.)
- make a difference (phrase)
- fair-weather friend (phrase)
- at the end of the day (phrase)
- stand your ground (phrase)
- from/out of nowhere (phrase)
- take something with a grain of salt (phrase)
- the ball is in someone’s court
- string someone along (phrase)
- for good (phrase)
- give someone the cold shoulder (phrase)
- Meaning of put your hand in your pocket in English. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/put-your-hand-in-your-pocket. Accessed on July 7, 2019.
- put your hand in your pocket – definition and synonyms. https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/put-your-hand-in-your-pocket. Accessed on July 7, 2019.
- put your hand in/into your pocket. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+your+hand+in%2Finto+your+pocket. Accessed on July 7, 2019.