Pengertian “put your foot down”
Put your foot down (put one’s foot down) adalah frasa bahasa Inggris yang bermakna “to use your authority in order to stop something happening” (menggunakan kewenanganmu untuk menghentikan sesuatu terjadi).
- let me put it this way
- put one’s finger on something
- put your foot in your mouth
- put your hand in your pocket
- put somebody/something on a pedestal
- put up with
- get/have cold feet
- let somebody down
- down in the dumps
- down the road
Contoh Kalimat “put your foot down” dan Artinya
- You can’t just let your kids do what they wants; you’ll have to put your foot down.
(Kamu tidak bisa hanya membiarkan anak-anakmu melakukan apa yang mereka inginkan, kamu akan perlu menolaknya.)
- I wanted to travel alone, but my parents put their foot down.
(Saya ingin bepergian sendirian, tapi orang tua saya tidak mengizinkannya.)
- If she didn’t want the responsibility, then she should have put her foot down and insisted.
(Jika dia tidak menginginkan tanggungjawab tersebut, maka dia seharusnya menolaknya dan bersikeras.)
- The highway was empty, so I asked the driver to put his foot down.
(Jalan raya sepi jadi saya meminta supir mempercepat kecepatan mobil.)
- make it (phrase)
- turn the tables (phrase)
- in a nutshell (phrase)
- not buy something (phrase)
- put your hand in your pocket (phrase)
- avoid (someone or something) like the plague (phrase)
- Blow Somebody’s Mind (Phrase)
- so that / in order that
- pull one’s weight (phrase)
- blow something/someone off (phrase)
- put your foot down – definition and synonyms. https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/put-your-foot-down. Accessed on July 7, 2019.
- put foot down. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+foot+down. Accessed on July 7, 2019.
- Meaning of put your foot down in English. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/put-your-foot-down. Accessed on July 7, 2019.
- Definition of ‘put your foot down’. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/put-your-foot-down. Accessed on July 7, 2019.
- put your foot down. https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/put-your-foot-down. Accessed on July 6, 2019.