Pengertian “get your head around something”
(To) Get your head around something (get one’s head around something) atau dapat pula get your mind around something merupakan frasa bahasa Inggris yang bermakna “to understand something difficult or strange” (memahami sesuatu yang sulit atau aneh).
Frasa yang bersifat informal ini ada versi American English-nya, yaitu: wrap your head/mind around something.
- get/have cold feet
- be/get used to
- don’t get me wrong
- from the get-go
- put your foot down
- put your foot in your mouth
- put your hand in your pocket
- stand your ground
- wear your heart on your sleeve
Contoh Kalimat “get your head around something” dan Artinya
|1||I just couldn’t get my head around how she was able to do that.
(Saya hanya tidak dapat memahami bagaimana dia dapat melakukan itu.)
|2||The book was so difficult that I couldn’t get my head around it.
(Buku tersebut sangat sulit hingga saya tidak dapat memahaminya.)
|3||I’ve been working for a while and find it hard to get my head around my job.
(Saya sudah bekerja selama beberapa waktu dan merasa sulit memahami pekerjaan saya.)
- make a difference (phrase)
- fair-weather friend (phrase)
- at the end of the day (phrase)
- stand your ground (phrase)
- put your hand in your pocket (phrase)
- from/out of nowhere (phrase)
- take something with a grain of salt (phrase)
- the ball is in someone’s court
- string someone along (phrase)
- for good (phrase)
- get your head around something – definition and synonyms. https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/american/get-your-head-around-something. Accessed on July 11, 2019.
- Meaning of can’t get your head around sth in English. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/can-t-get-your-head-around-sth. Accessed on July 11, 2019.
- Meaning of get your mind around sth in English. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/get-your-mind-around-sth. Accessed on July 11, 2019.
- Definition of wrap one’s mind around. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wrap%20one’s%20mind%20around. Accessed on July 11, 2019.
- wrap (one’s) head around. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/wrap+your+head+around. Accessed on July 11, 2019.