Tenses merupakan bentuk kata kerja dalam bahasa Inggris untuk menunjukkan waktu (present, past, future) terjadinya suatu kegiatan atau peristiwa.
12 Contoh Soal Tenses Pilihan Ganda
Pilihlah salah satu jawaban untuk melengkapi kalimat di bawah ini.
My father is so tired since he … our garden all day for planting vegetables.
- has prepared
- has been preparing
At this time yesterday Reny and I … our classmate.
- were paying a call
- are paying a call
He … the community college this night.
- wouldn’t be attending
- won’t be attending
We sometimes … by chance in the convenience store.
I had slept when you … last night.
Never … such a funny joke.
- had I heard
- I had heard
The class … the documentary film next monday.
- will have watched
- would have watched
… the scholarship application?
- have you completed
- have you complete
My brother … English course for six months by the end of this year.
- will have been taking
- will have taken
It … sunny tomorrow.
- will be
Who … towards the post office?
- is walking
They … for an hour before the doctor came.
- had been waiting
- b. has been preparing | present perfect continuous tense
- a. were paying a call | past continuous tense
- b. won’t be attending | future continuous tense
- b. meet | simple present tense
- b. called | simple past tense
- a. had I heard | past perfect tense (inverted word order)
- a. will have watched | future perfect tense
- a. have you completed | present perfect tense
- a. will have been taking | future perfect continuous tense
- b. will be | simple future tense
- a. is walking | present continuous tense
- a. had been waiting | past perfect continuous tense
- Soal Simple Present Tense
- Soal Simple Past Tense
- Soal Present Perfect Tense
- Soal Conditional Sentence
- Soal Subjunctive
- Sequence of Tenses. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/601/01/. Accessed on February 21, 2013.
- Verb Tenses. http://faculty.washington.edu/marynell/grammar/verbtenses.html. Accessed on February 21, 2013.