Sekilas Past Perfect Tense
Past perfect tense merupakan kata kerja yang untuk mengungkapkan bahwa suatu kejadian sudah selesai terjadi pada suatu titik di masa lampau sebelum kejadian lainnya.
Had digunakan baik untuk singular maupun plural subject. Past participle dibentuk dengan menambahkan -ed, -en, -d, -t, -n, atau -ne pada base form berupa regular verb. Pada base form berupa irregular verb, bentuk past participle tidak konsisten.
10 Contoh Soal Past Perfect Tense
Pilihlah salah satu jawaban untuk melengkapi kalimat di bawah ini.
Never … such delicious pies before visiting the bakery.
- I had tasted
- had I tasted
How many times … the clothes before the fault occured?
- you had worn
- had you worn
If you … your money in a bank, it wouldn’t have gone.
- had been put
- had put
Prior to the meeting, the room …
- had been cleaned and prepared
- had cleaned and prepared
He told that he … all the files in the directory.
- had removed
- had been removed
The student … her disposable lunch box in the garbage can by the time the bell rang.
- had been dropped
- had dropped
When he arrived at the station, the train …
- had left
- had leaved
… before the participants came?
- had the room been brighter
- had the room brighter
Reza … about her before they met.
- had already heard
- had already been heard
Anyone … the latest version of the phone software for free before August 2013.
- had been able to update
- had be able to update
- b. had I tasted | Jika kalimat yang dimulai dengan negative atau restrictive word never, verb muncul sebelum subject –> inverted word order. Untuk kasus lebih dari satu verb, yakni: auxiliary verb (had) + main verb (tasted), auxiliary verb (had) yang muncul sebelum subject (I).
- b. had you worn
- b. had put
- a. had been cleaned and prepared | bentuk pasif past perfect tense
- a. had removed
- b. had dropped
- a. had left
- a. had the room been brighter | brighter = adjective;
gunakan been sebagai verb
- a. had already heard
- a. had been able to update
- Soal Passive Voice – Past Perfect Tense
- Soal Present Perfect Tense
- Soal Future Perfect Tense
- Soal Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- Soal Simple Past Tense
- Soal Tenses
- Past Perfect Tense. http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/tenses/past_perfect.htm. Accessed on November 16, 2013.
- The Past Perfect Tense. http://esl.fis.edu/grammar/rules/pastperf.htm. Accessed on February 22, 2013.
- Past Perfect 1. http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/410/grammar/pastpf1.htm. Accessed on November 16, 2013.
- Past Perfect Worksheets. http://esl.about.com/od/Find-the-Mistake/a/Past-Perfect-Worksheets.htm. Accessed on November 17, 2013.