Direct object pada active voice menjadi subject pada passive voice dimana pada past continuous tense kata kerja be (was/were) + v-ing (present participle) diubah menjadi be (was/were) + being + verb-3 (past participle).
S + was/were + present participle + direct object
S (direct objectactive voice) + was/were + being + past participle +/- by … (subjectactive voice)
10 Contoh Soal Passive Voice – Past Continuous Tense Pilihan Ganda
Ketik a atau b untuk melengkapi bagian yang kosong pada soal passive voice – past continuous tense di bawah ini dengan mengikuti petunjuk di dalam kurung.
We were sitting quietly while the movie ... (play).
- was being played
- were being played
When Anna came to her grandfather's house, the roses ... (water).
- was being watered
- were being watered
My car ... (service) at this time yesterday.
- was being serviced
- were being serviced
... paths through the jungle being cleared all day yesterday?
The guest walked up to me while the dishwasher ... (load).
- was being loaded
- were being loaded
I couldn't use my computer last week because it ... (repair).
- was being repaired
- were being repaired
It ... (no longer produced) in 1977.
- was no longer being produced
- were no longer being produced
Breakfast ... (serve) when we arrived.
- was being served
- were being served
I was told that the hardware ... (not make) any more.
- wasn't being made
- weren't being made
I discovered two weddings ... (hold) at this hotel at 8 pm last night.
- was being held
- were being held
- Soal Passive Voice – Present Continuous Tense
- Soal Passive Voice – Simple Past Tense
- Soal Passive Voice – Past Perfect Tense
- Soal Passive Voice
- Soal Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Yes-No Question Past Continuous Tense
- Soal Wh- Question Past Continuous Tense
- Grammar Challenge – continuous passives . http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammarchallenge/pdfs/13_continuouspassives_practice.pdf. Accessed on March 7, 2016.
- Exercise on Passive Voice – Past Progressive. https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/passive/exercises?past-progressive. Accessed on March 7, 2016.
- The Simple Past and the Past Progressive with When and While.http://www.elc.byu.edu/classes/aoyama/grammar4/aoyg4f05/charts/past2.pdf. Accessed on March 7, 2016.
- Clear. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/clear. Accessed on March 7, 2016.
- Past Progressive. http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/tenses/past_progressive.htm. Accessed on February 16, 2013.