Penggunaan Used to, Would, dan Past Simple
Would sering digunakan bersama adverb of frequency seperti: always, sometimes, dan usually.
Contoh Kalimat Used to, Would, Past Simple dan Artinya
- They rode / used to ride / would ride their bikes every sunday morning.
(Mereka dulu bersepeda setiap minggu pagi.) repeated past action
- I went / used to go / would go to the gym 3 days a week to get in shape.
(Saya dulu pergi ke gym tiga hari dalam seminggu untuk membentuk tubuh.) repeated past action
- She would sometimes ask me to accompany her to the mall.
(Dia dulu kadang-kadang meminta saya untuk menemaninya ke mall.) repeated past action
- My cousin had / used to have many dolls.
(Sepupu saya dulu punya banyak boneka.) past state
- We lived / used to live in Cirebon before we moved to Cikarang.
(Kami tinggal di Cirebon sebelum kami pindah ke Cikarang.) past state
- Be Used to vs. Used to (Do)
- Be Used to
- Be/Get Used to
- Soal Modal Auxiliary Verb
- Auxiliary Verb “be, do, have”
- Modal Verb
- Phrasal Modal
- Will vs. Would
- Can vs. Could
- Could vs. Was Able to
- Past habit – used to/would/past simple. https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/grammar-reference/past-habit-used-towouldpast-simple. Accessed on January 28, 2015.
- Used to / Would / Past Simple. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/radio/specials/1837_aae/page6.shtml. Accessed on January 28, 2015.
- The tenses and aspects of English. http://cla.calpoly.edu/~jrubba/syn/syntax_tense.html. Accessed on January 28, 2015.